Sunday 21 October 2012

ooohhh Technology...!!



As easy as technology makes all of our lives, I just can't help but hate it.

I can keep in touch with so many people overseas that would have been forever lost to me in the good ole days. T.V shows, music, movies and entertainment is available at the click of a button. Google maps! The amount of times I have been saved by Google maps is far too great to count, not to mention the enjoyment from moving the little yellow guy around all parts of the world. Wikipedia has solved more arguments than any mediator could. Being able to listen to music on the bus make life all that bit better.

Still, nothing gets me more frustrated, upset, heated, furious, IRATE... than technology. More specifically, when technology fails.


Curse you TECHNOLOGY
Even more specifically, when 'technology' (i.e my brand-new-rather-expensive-state-of-the-art-laptop) decides to lose an entire Uni assignment a few hours before it's due. For perhaps the first time at uni I complete my assessment way before it was due; my annotated bibliography was completely finished nearly a week before its due date. All I had to do was copy and paste it into this blog. Until it disappeared.

A few hours before it was due, (trust me there is no taking the procrastinator out of this student) I opened it up annnnnnnnnd... GONE. Completely non-existent. Fallen off the face of the earth, or the entire hard-drive.

So what did I do? Calmly, after a small but severe freak out, I riffled through my room, looking through literally hundreds of loose sheets of paper until I freaked out again, this time in a good way. There it was, under my pillow, a collection of paper with large, scrawled writing covering both the front and back.

And from there I was able to re-type my assignment, edit and reference it with two hours.

The moral of this slightly long winded story is that you can NEVER trust technology. EVER. I've written before here about my love of writing, in a physical sense, and how I write out every assignment in note form before typing it. It does waste a bit of time, but the stress it saves when technology fails me is priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment